Peter Diefenbach's Private Life
You want to know more about my profession? Then this way please.
On this page you get more insight on my hobbies, interests, philososphy, and what else makes a human being.
My career lead me to a state where I barely write code myself, but I miss the fun. So here's what I wrote and still maintain as a hobby.
- Kitten – a jump&run puzzler
- Troff – a retro action game
- Empire – a turn-based military strategic game
- Conquest – an easy round-based strategic board game.
- Pacman – the arcade classic
- Deinbac – a simulation explaining some principles of evolution
- DSA-Tool – a role playing game master tool
- Poems – an aleatoric German poem generator
- Atari 8bit programs – In the 80s my brother and I explored the world of home computers and programmed some games and tools for Atari 8bit. Thanks to emulators it still runs.
- Role playing games
- Mainly in the 90s I loved playing role playing games following the ruleset of Das Schwarze Auge (DSA) or Plüsch, Power and Plunder (PP&P) (two German systems). In that time I created some tools, adventure scripts, and other material.
- Sometimes I have the urge to play with language and write poems. Or I get them written for me.
- If time permits, I switch my keyboard to the one with black and white keys and play some music. But I prefer composing or improvising to playing by notes.
- I love cooking and baking as much as eating.
- I'm a bookworm. Especially for fantasy and witty humor I fall. From Terry Pratchett I got both, and for humor I regularly read Erich Kästner, Robert Gernhard, Ringelnatz or Heinrich Heine. Some fan pages or publicly available books you can find on my bookmarks page.
- I spent my youth in Eastfriesland, there I learned to love the coast.
- When internet was young, I used internet relay chat protocol. The folks enganged there also met personally, and I joined the relay parties in Karlsruhe winter 1992, Aachen II winter 1993, Stuttgart winter 1994 and Münster spring 1995. Some of my net acquaintances are from that time, and sometimes friendship emerged. From that time in IRC I got my nickname BärTiger.
- Not much. However, I like dancing (standard and latin), sailing, swimming, windsurfing, bicycling, hiking and yoga. And during universities the defensive martial arts Kijutsu and Aikido linked my mind and body.
- Besides these quotations about me, I collected a longer list of quotations from many sources.
Mährische Straße 17
Content and links
I do my best to keep these pages correct, complete and current, but this is just a hobby, and I'm a single human.
Links to external pages are marked by the symbol prefixing the link. I have no influence on the content of those. If you find a statutory violation on any of those, please inform me, so I can cut the link.
All content on these pages is subject to German copyright laws. Any commercial use (including publication, adoption, copying) or any use outside of the bounds of German copyright laws need my explicit written consent. Copies for private, non-commercial use are permitted.